eCommerce has rapidly gained traction and has become the most reliable and feasible means of purchasing products. Many companies have started tasting success via eCommerce. As online shopping gains momentum, retailers would be wise to develop an online store.
If you are planning to develop an ecommerce website, here’s a list of the best open source content management systems that can help you fulfill your eCommerce CMS development needs with reduced programming efforts.
1. Magento This is a popular open source CMS to build eCommerce and shopping cart websites. It offers unprecedented levels of flexibility and controls for developing eCommerce stores with excellent add-ons and extensions. With modular architecture and a great user interface, it lets you develop multiple eCommerce websites and integrate payment gateways with ease.
2. nopCommerce One of the best things about nopCommerce is its model video controller (MVC) architecture. It is a well-defined architecture, allowing developers to easily enhance, upgrade or scale your store. With features like multi-vendor and multi-store, nopCommerce provides full support for mobile. For building quality retail stores that are supported by free (and paid) plug-ins, modules and themes, this is one of the most reliable CMSes.
3. PrestaShop PrestaShop is a free, open source content management system for building feature-rich eCommerce websites with tools for managing your online business in real-time. It facilitates integrating PayPal and Bank accounts to directly transfer funds, along with a facility to easily create discounts, gift vouchers, tag products and much more. PrestaShop offers a sleek interface with a WYSIWYG editing tool to easily manage product descriptions, images and product pricing on the website.
4. Drupal Commerce Drupal is a powerful content management system built in PHP. It lets you create your online store with rich features and flexible architecture. Drupal is also considered to provide quality social commerce facilities, which is why it has gained a big name among open source platforms.
5. OsCommerce OsCommerce is a free eCommerce content management system with multilingual and search engine friendly architecture. It offers several innovative out-of-the-box functionalities with 7,000-plus add-ons to help you set up, run and maintain your online store effectively, with minimal effort.
6. X-Cart X-Cart is a fully integrated and full-featured shopping cart development platform. It offers a responsive design with a Facebook app store, customizable engine, SEO friendly architecture and other advanced features that gives an extra edge to your online store.
7. Zen Cart It is an artistic eCommerce development platform that allows developers and programmers to develop eCommerce websites with unique features and designs. Zen Cart offers customer management features with customizable templates that can be localized in terms of currency, tax regulations and languages. The best feature of ZenCart is that it offers the developers the ability to build third-party modules that can be full integrated with your ZenCart module. It has a ready, user-friendly navigation and great plug-ins that take your online store to the next level.
8. OpenCart OpenCart provides easy options to customize and tweak your website to best fit your specific business needs. From attractive interface to search engine friendly platform, OpenCart features everything you expect from a good CMS. It is an ideal CMS for small- to mid-sized retailers, offering integrations with 20-plus payment gateways and eight-plus shipping methods.
Wrap upAll the above listed eCommerce CMSes are worth considering if you want to build an online store without a massive outlay of resources. Apart from offering all basic features, they are unique in nature, helping you build the right online presence according to your business needs.
Roland G.Cardoza /